Many people today are very green conscious, some of us try and reduce our carbon footprint by recycling or by using less electricity, other people have already decided to go one step further with the installation of wholesale solar panels at their work or home. For those of you who have yet to install solar or who are considering the option, here are a few solar myths!
1) Wholesale solar panels will not work in cloudy places! UV light is all that is needed and even cloudy places have excelled when it comes to solar! Germany is currently the solar power capital of the entire world and they rank low when it comes to sunny days.
2) Solar panels require a lot of maintenance! Once again we have another solar myth, most panels come with a 25 year warranty and will require very rare maintenance or cleaning during that period.
3) Wholesale solar panels systems are large and look very ugly! Solar installations have come along way over the past few years, today you can get solar installed that’s is virtually seamless with solar shingles.
4) Solar installations are just too expensive! This one is definitely a huge myth! In the UK you can get solar installed on your home for free on a government scheme or some companies even offer finance on solar panels.
5) Wholesale solar panels cannot operate in harsh conditions! In the USA the University of Vermont has a solar installation in place which works all year round even throughout the winter where they see harsh conditions with major snowfall.
6) Solar systems are unreliable! Solar installations actually have no moving parts which makes them very reliable, in fact off the grid systems will even work during a power failure.
7) I can’t use solar power as I don’t have a south facing roof! You don’t need a south facing roof! An East or West facing roof will also do the job. You could also have a ground-mounted system which would only require an unshaded area to be installed.
8) Solar energy isn’t very efficient! With an average efficiency of around 15% to 19% it sits in the same efficiency range as the petrol in your car.
9) I wont be living in this home long enough to make my investment back! It wont matter! Wholesale solar panels will actually increase the value of your home!
10) A Solar Installation will take up too much room! A solar installation will take up practically no room at all! If you have a small space in your attic then you have more than enough room for the inverter!